Top Alcohol Rehab Centers in Los Angeles, California
Alcoholism is a sickness that a person can be cured of with proper guidance and medical attention. The first step to getting cured of this medical issue is by accepting that it is a problem. The second is by seeking help. If you live in Los Angeles and would like to seek help with an alcohol-dependency issue, here are the top 15 alcohol rehab centers that can help you or your loved one.
The Hills Treatment Center
Located in Hollywood Hills, this treatment center offers private accommodations for those who want to stay for private detox and inpatient treatment. The Hills Treatment Center takes on a multi-faceted approach to healing. Their healing style is all-inclusive, and offers specific programs for men, women and the LGBTQ community.
The levels of care this center offers are as follows:
- Alcohol detox
- Residential treatment
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
Being located in a prestigious area, The Hill also offers specialized treatments for such as the private detox and Celebrity Rehab. This luxury treatment center offers one-to-one treatment staff, food prepared by a world-class chef, yoga classes, fitness center and massage services. Specialized therapy services include Pet Therapy, Group Therapy, Psychotherapy, Individual Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy are offered here.
Although this center accepts insurance, a verification of the policy is required before being accepted. Medicare, Medicaid, Kaiser, MediCal and HMO’s are not accepted. Those who wish to get treated can call 1-866-322-7820 or visit their website at thehillscenter.com. This facility has received an average of one star with one review in Yelp, and four stars from 15 reviews in Google.
La Fuente Hollywood Treatment Center
La Fuente Hollywood Treatment Center is a facility that caters to the needs of the LGBT community. With the belief that deep connection and dedication to the community is key, La Fuente offers a full spectrum of medical care for alcohol dependents, from detoxification, to inpatient rehab, to outpatient programs and finally to alumni programs. Their mission is to be a thought leader in the area of providing alcoholism and addiction treatment to LGBT individuals.
Located along Fountain Avenue, Los Angeles, this treatment facility utilizes the 12-point recovery program. Their residential treatment includes psycho-education, fitness and nutrition, which can last anywhere from 30 to 60 days.
The complexity of LGBT people’s experience on shame and guilt has a part in their alcohol dependency, which is why the treatments are aligned to fit the needs of the community. Aside from Group Therapy, Family program and Sober Living program help the patient achieve lasting sobriety.
La Fuente Hollywood Treatment Center accepts the following insurances:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- United Healthcare
They can be contacted at (323) 464-2947 or (888) 903-9898. For more information about their services, individuals can check their website at lafuentehollywood.com. Currently, this center has received a five star review in Yelp and eight five-star reviews in Google.
3. Authentic Recovery Center (ARC Treatment)
Located in West Los Angeles, Authentic Recovery Center combines affordability, clinical focus and comfort in their treatment programs. Their vision is to set new standards in the field of substance abuse treatment. This facility offers the following programs:
- Medically Managed Detox – this is the first step to the treatment process. The patient is religiously looked after by trained staff every fifteen to thirty minutes to make sure that all the patient’s needs are met.
- Residential Treatment – this Primary Care program lasts for 30 days. This program combines experiential therapy and outdoor activities to help patients renew their thirst for life. The 12 Step program is utilized.
- Continuing Care – this is the second phase of the program, where patients are given more autonomy and responsibility. This phase also identifies the underlying issues of the person.
- Intensive Outpatient – this is a unique treatment program that is dependent on the patient’s needs and background.
- After Care – this program is to ensure long-lasting sobriety, assisting the patient in transitioning back to society.
- Lifetime Alumni services – this is a free program available for all ARC alumni. Services include alumni meetings, crisis lines, alumni activities and online recovery chat rooms.
- Family program – this program is for the loved ones and family members to gain understanding and develop acceptance towards the patient.
Authentic Recovery Center is an in-network provider for various insurance companies such as Anthem Blue Cross, Cigna and Aetna. They also accept HMO’s, EPO’s and PPO’s. The center can be contacted through their website at www.arctreatment.com and their contact number (877) 811-8299. This facility has been given an average five stars average from seven reviews in Yelp, and top scores of five stars from three reviews in Google.
4. 1Method Center
Located in Cheviot Hills, Los Angeles, 1Method Center is a luxury treatment facility that offers five star accommodations. It is said to be the leading privately owned treatment center in Southern California. They pride themselves in using a one-on-one approach, where the treatments are individual-based, augmented with group sessions. They utilize a holistic approach to healing, wherein the person as a whole is treated, and not the addiction alone. They also specialize on dual diagnosis.
The following programs are offered by 1Method Center:
- Detoxification – medically-managed detox program that moves at a pace that the individual can manage.
- Residential – this treatment program includes dual-diagnosis and personal treatment plan.
- Outpatient – two options are available:
- Day Patient program – for those who cannot stay for residential treatment, this intensive program is offered.
- Night Patient program – for those who need intensive treatment but cannot attend the Day Patient program due to work, studies or other obligations.
- Aftercare – helps the patient navigate the challenges of getting back to society while maintaining sobriety.
1Method Center accepts insurance plans from the following companies:
- United Healthcare
- Magellan Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Oxford Health Plans
This treatment facility can be contacted through (800) 270-1389 or (310) 837-7330. Their website is www.methodtreatment.com. They have been given seven 5-star reviews in Google, and an average of 4.5 stars in Yelp from eight reviews.
5. Los Angeles Mission
Los Angeles Mission is a non-profit organization that not only provides rehabilitation programs for alcoholism and drug-abuse; it also offers free meals, lodging and other services for homeless individuals. Their vision is to be a world leader in providing for the poor, rehabilitate the addicted and eradicate homelessness.
Their mission is to provide assistance, hope and opportunities to people in need. Since the institution provides services for the less privileged members of the community, they do not require any compensation. Instead, those who can and are willing to contribute can give donations or even work as volunteers after the successful completion of their program.
The center offers separate programs for men and women. The Anne Douglas Center for Women provides rehabilitation services for ladies, while the Los Angeles Mission Program for Men provides rehab for gentlemen. For both programs, applicants are required to commit to the twelve month program and are willing to consider a Christian approach to healing.
Under the Anne Douglas Center, women go through an intensive 12-month residential rehab program. This treatment program involves spiritual rehabilitation, academics, career development and support services. The program is generic for those who are trying to leave drug addiction, alcoholism and a destructive lifestyle.
The Los Angeles Mission Program for Men, on the other hand, utilizes a holistic approach to treatment. Like the center for women, the rehabilitation program lasts for 12 months. The goal is to make full use of faith and spirituality to help men overcome their addiction or alcoholism. Every person is likewise trained to gain skills for job opportunities and career development. There are three phases to this program:
- JumpStart – this is a 30-day program that allows the person to get a feel of how the program works, and to see if he can commit to a year of rehabilitation.
- FreshStart – this is the main part of the program which lasts for a year. It addresses the physical, spiritual, emotional and mental aspects of the individual.
- LifeStart – this the transition program to integrating back to society. This can last for an additional six months.
Those interested can visit the Mission’s website at losangelesmission.org. The Women’s Center can be contacted at (213) 629-1227 ext. 509, while the Men’s Center can be contacted at (213) 629-1227, ext. 323. The Los Angeles Mission has received an average of 4.2 stars from 146 reviews in Google, and an average of 4.5 stars from 21 reviews in Yelp.
6. Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation Los Angeles
Hazelden Betty Ford’s mission is to be a force of healing and hope for people affected by alcoholism, their families and their communities. This institution actually has 17 facilities located around the country, one of which is located in West Los Angeles.
Hazelden Betty Ford Los Angeles offers the following programs:
- Outpatient Alcohol Treatment – revolves around the twelve-step approach and is abstinence-based. This has three sub-programs:
- Day treatment – often referred to as partial hospitalization. Scheduled five days a week, for a total of 20 to 26 hours. This includes educational workshops, individual and family therapy, process-focused group therapy and mindfulness activities such as meditation and yoga.
- Intensive outpatient program – works as a follow-up to inpatient treatment. Each session is three hours in length, scheduled at 3pm and 6pm from Mondays to Thursdays.
- Recovery Management
- Continuing Care Groups – two counselor-facilitated sessions per week, scheduled at noon during Mondays and at six in the evening during Tuesdays.
Inpatient programs are available in other branches. The following insurance companies are accepted in the Los Angeles branch:
- 4 Your Choice
- America’s PPO
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Beacon Health Value Options
- Blue Cross
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Shield
- First Choice Health
- Healthnet Mhn
- Magellan Health
- Quartz, Formerly Gunderson Health Plan
- Security Health Plan
- Unity Health Insurance
Hazelden Bettyford can be contacted at 1-866-281-9741, 24 hours and seven days a week. Their website is available for more information at ww.hazeldenbettyford.org. It currently has not received any reviews from Google or Yelp.
7. Klean Treatment Centers
Situated in West Los Angeles, Klean Treatment Center’s goal is to bridge the gap between alcoholism and mental illness treatment. This center also has facilities in Oregon and Washington. Klean West Los Angeles offers the following programs:
- Addiction Intervention – when families and loved ones of an alcoholic realize that they have reached a crisis point, an intervention with a help of a professional can be done.
- Detoxification – with the goal of physical and psychological stabilization, this medically-managed detox is usually the primary step of the treatment.
- Inpatient treatment – utilizes a holistic approach. Private or semi-private accommodations are provided. This program combines personalized and group therapy.
- Outpatient treatment – this is a twelve-week program for adults. Each session is a 90-minute group program led by prestigious clinicians.
- Dual diagnosis treatment – for those who have co-occurring mental illnesses with alcoholism. This program is available for both inpatient and outpatient clients.
- Transitional living program – in partnership with Working Recovery.
Klean Treatment Center is an out-of-network healthcare provider. Insurances such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, HealthNet, Cigna, United Healthcare, Humana and Aetna are accepted. Their website is kleantreatmentcenters.com, and their contact number is 888-603-5631. It received an average of five stars from six Google reviews, and none in Yelp.
8. Michael’s House Treatment Center
Michael’s House was established by Arlene Rosen after she lost her son named Michael to a drug overdose. To support addicts, alcoholics and their families, Michael’s House was opened in 1989. In 2006, it became part of Foundations Recovery Network, and eventually opened up a 120-bed facility.
Situated in Palm Springs, Michael’s House’s dedication is in providing integrated treatment solutions to those suffering from substance abuse and mental conditions. The following programs are offered in this center:
- Adventure therapy – activities such as rock climbing, hiking, zip-lining and teambuilding games are incorporated into the patient’s treatment program. This therapy has the following levels:
- Residential (levels one to three)
- Outpatient (levels four to five)
- Life Challenge Program – helps the patient establish healthy habits and set new goals. L + C’s premise is positive outlook and motivation.
- LGBT program – most LGBT individuals have experienced traumatic events in their lives with relation to their gender-orientation, which this program adequately addresses.
Michael’s House has four campuses in Palm Springs. These are the Stabilization Center, the Women’s Center, the Men’s Center and the Outpatient Center. They also accept the following insurance companies:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Exclusive Care
- Value Options
- Magellan Health Care
Although some HMO’s and PPO’s are accepted, they recommend giving them a call to verify the patient’s insurance. Their phone number is 877-165-1598, while their website is michaelshouse.com. In Yelp, they have been rated with 3.5 stars from 25 reviews, and 3 stars from 12 reviews in Google.
9. Muse Treatment
Muse Treatment center is a facility that utilizes Harvard’s developmental model, a new diagnostic tool used for the identification and treatment of individuals with mental illness and addiction. DIP, as it is called, can also be used to measure the patient’s response to treatment, and adjust it as necessary. The facility makes use of a three-pronged approach to healing, which consists of Therapy, Neural Recovery and the 12-Step Program.
The Muse Treatment Center’s Alcohol Addiction Treatment includes the following:
- Detox Program – this program is initiated with a medical evaluation first. The evaluation will determine whether the patient needs to undergo medical detox or non-medically supervised detox.
- Inpatient Rehab Treatment – this treatment consists of three programs:
- Therapy and discovery – uses thematic process group activities which include acupuncture, yoga, meditation and somatic exercises.
- Relapse Prevention and Education
- Brain Training – uses an integrated neural rehab program, which features neurofeedback, a brain-mapping holistic approach to healing.
- Outpatient Rehab Treatment – includes three components, which are:
- Twelve Step Integration
- Neural Rehabilitation
- Sober Living – men and women have separate residential locations for sober living.
- Men’s Sober Living – situated in relaxing areas in Venice Beach, Culver City, Marina Del Ray, Beverly Hills and Santa Monica
- Women’s Sober Living – situated in entertainment complexes located in Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Culver City and Marina Del Ray
In Muse Treatment, the following insurance policies are accepted:
- United Healthcare
- Humana One
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Their main office is located at Westwood Boulevard in Los Angeles. They can be contacted at 800-426-1818. Their website musetreatment.com provides more information on their services. On the average, it has received 4.3 stars from six Google reviewers, and 3.5 stars from three Yelp reviewers.
10. Seasons Malibu
Seasons in Malibu is a luxury rehab treatment center in Malibu that uses cutting edge holistic treatment modules. It is one of the top rehab facilities in the world. They see addiction as an opportunity for change. They are committed to constantly improving their treatment programs with the help of recent results.
The following activities are included their treatment program:
- Expressive arts therapy
- Meditation and yoga
- Creative writing
- Culinary arts
- Fitness training
- Ocean adventure (swimming, kayaking, surfing)
- Adventure and wilderness therapy
- Martial arts
The facility covers three acres of property overlooking Matador Beach in Malibu. Their alcohol rehab process includes the following:
- Alcohol Detox
- Inpatient Luxury Rehab
- Executive Alcohol Rehab Program – for professionals and executives
- Seasons Systemic Family Treatment Program
- Intensive Outpatient Program
Most PPO insurance plans are accepted, but Seasons Malibu offers free insurance check for anyone interested. Their phone line is open 24/7 at 866-780-8539. More information is available at their website www.seasonsmalibu.com. The facility received an average of 3.0 stars out of 23 reviews in Google, and 4.0 stars from 20 reviews in Yelp.
11. CRI Help Inc
Already 44 years in service, CRI Help Inc. is currently situated in North Hollywood. With the mission of helping each patient every step of the way toward rehabilitation from alcoholism, CRI Help makes use of extensive treatment by addressing core issues and building healthy life skills. Patients are then connected to a community of people with long term sobriety.
Treatment options provided by CRI Help are as follows:
- Detox – the facility offers private and semi-private housing for those under the detox program.
- Medication Assisted Treatment – this program starts with detox, and continues with the next phase of the program the patient undergoes. The medication is adjusted until the clinical experts determine that the patient can continue with his or her treatment without medication.
- Residential Program – this includes the following:
- Individual and group counseling
- Daily 12-step meetings
- Spirituality support
- Life skills counseling
- Treatment for co-occurring disorders
- Outpatient Program – can be availed as a continuation of detox or residential program, or as a standalone service. Daytime and evening treatment choices are available, and can be between five to 40 hours a week, depending on the patient’s needs.
- Transitional Living – majority of transitional living patients are also enrolled under the outpatient program. The 12-step program is utilized here and patients are provided Life Skills training.
CRI Help offers flexible financing options, such as long-term payment plans, for people who have financial concerns. Different insurance policies are accepted depending on the program that the patient will apply in, which is why the center requires candidate patients to contact them first to discuss their insurance and payment options available. They can be contacted through their phone at (800) 413-7660 or through their website at www.cri-help.org. They received a perfect score of 5 stars from 13 reviews in Yelp, and no reviews from Google yet.
12. The Discovery House
The Discovery House is a luxury treatment center which serves Thousand Oaks, Ventura, Westlake, Santa Monica and Woodland Hills communities. They pride themselves in having a low client to counselor ratio, which is three to one.
Under the Alcohol Treatment Program, therapists utilize music therapy, psycho-drama therapy, and Mindfulness Therapy. These are combined with individual treatment plans that are unique for every person. Like other treatment centers, they offer Detox, Inpatient Treatment, Outpatient Treatment and Long-Term Care. Therapies included in the program are:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Individualized Counseling Sessions
- Process Group Therapy
- Nutrition Therapy
- Psycho-Drama Therapy
- Mindfulness Therapy
- Neurofeedback Therapy
- Nutrition Therapy
- Integrated Treatment For Co-Occurring Mental Health Issues
The Discovery House stated that they accept most PPO insurances, but the coverage depends on the policy. Some insurance providers they accept are:
- Aetna Health Insurance
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Assurant Health
- Cigna Health Insurance
- United Healthcare
- Value Options
This is not an exhaustive list and they would suggest contacting them for additional information. They offer payment plans to those in need of it, with the help of American Healthcare Lending. The contact number of The Discovery House is (855) 203-7930, and their website is thediscoveryhouse.com. It has received an average of 4.4 stars out of 15 Google reviews, 4.5 stars out of 14 reviews in Yelp.
13. Haven House Addiction Treatment
To provide a complete range of care for individuals suffering from alcohol abuse and co-occurring mental health concern is the mission of Haven House Addiction Treatment Center. Located in Beverlywood, this center offers detox, residential treatment, and intensive outpatient program.
The following programs are offered in Haven House:
- Detox – medically managed detoxification process
- Residential Treatment Programs – a 30-day program that includes individual daily therapy combined with a weekly case management session.
- Men’s Residential Treatment
- Women’s Residential Treatment
- Dual-Diagnosis Treatment
- Intensive Outpatient Program – utilizes a structured outpatient schedule, with the option to live in the Sober Living facilities or at home.
- Day treatment – a mix of group and individual therapies that totals to 20 hours a week
- Sober Living
- Sober Living Century City
- Sober Living Beverlywood
The following therapies are included in the programs:
- Dialectic Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Family Systems Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Experiential Therapy
Haven House accepts some PPO’s, but have not indicated which insurance providers they accept. For admission and other inquiries, they can be contacted at (424) 258-6792 or through their website at www.havenhouseaddictiontreatment.com. It has received one review with a 5-star score in Google, and six reviews averaging 4.5 stars in Yelp.
14. BLVD Treatment Centers
With a mission to empower and liberate the youth from the struggle of addiction, BLVD Treatment Center was set up in Hollywood. Their treatment approach is combining time-tested and traditional techniques with new, evidence-based methods. Their facility exudes a quirky and fun atmosphere, allowing patients to instantly feel relaxed.
Part of their treatment is making the individual feel a part of the community while having space for creative expression. They include art classes and music classes in the therapy. There are areas for outdoor activities and rec rooms with arcade games to keep the young patients entertained while in treatment.
The following programs are offered:
- Detox – this is a three step process which starts with being admitted as an in-care resident, followed by stabilization, and ending with the intensive outpatient program.
- Residential treatment – aside from personalized therapies per person, group sessions are incorporated in the treatment, which are:
- Rock to Recovery – creating music to express one’s self
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Socialization skills – helps build one’s confidence in interacting with other people using team-building exercises
- Relapse prevention
- Sound Healing – clearing imbalances with the help of energetic frequencies
- Tai Chi – an ancient Chinese martial art that uses meditative exercise movements which help improve a person’s mindfulness and spiritual balance
- Acting therapy
- Outpatient Programs – has three types. The patient will be assigned which type based on the assessment of the therapist.
- Outpatient Program – treatment is scheduled 1-2 days a week, with each session 2-4 hours long
- Intensive Outpatient Program – treatment is scheduled 3-5 times a week, with each session lasting for 2-4 hours
- Partial Hospitalization Program – treatment is scheduled five times a week, with each session lasting for 4-6 hours
- Aftercare Alumni Program – designed to help alumni patients maintain sobriety and keep goals sustained for years to come.
Insurance is accepted at BLVD Treatment Center, but must be verified first before admission. Private Pay option is available for those who have no insurance. They also have financial assistance programs for those who are experiencing financial difficulties at the time of admission. They can be contacted at (888) 537-6671. Their website blvdcenters.org provides more information on the services they offer. They received an average of 2.5 stars from eight reviews in Yelp, and 3.8 stars from 15 Google reviews.
Reading the feedback from previous patients is a great way to help you assess the performance of a treatment center. You can be confident on your or your loved one’s success in combatting alcoholism when you see the success rate of the facility you are looking into. But whichever you choose, the most important matter is that you are taking the first step to recovery.