15 Top Florida Alcohol Rehab Centers
The first step to recovery from any kind of addiction, whether to drug or alcohol use, is recognizing you have a problem. Finding the right rehabilitation center that fits your needs is the next step. Here are the top 15 alcohol rehabilitation facilities in Florida that you can choose from.
- Transformations Drug & Alcohol Treatment Center
Located in Delray Beach, Florida, Transformations is a luxury treatment center which offers extensive treatment plans that are individualized according to every patient’s needs. They make use of a holistic approach to healing. Their mission is to dig deep into the source of the addiction and heal those aspects of their patient’s lives, equipping them with the essential tools to keep them sober for a long time.
Transformations Rehab Center have an in-house medical and holistic team which work together to come up with supplements that are all-natural to eliminate the needs for prescription medication. They also specialize in providing high-end accommodations that are near restaurants and other establishments, and only a stone’s throw away from Delray Beach.
The facility is an out-of-network provider for all insurances. They also provide financing options to patients who intend to self-pay. Those who are interested in getting admitted can call 877-711-4551 or visit their website at https://www.transformationstreatment.center/ for more information on admission.
The following are their inpatient treatment plans for alcoholic patients:
- Adult Program – This is a group therapy program for patients who are 30 years old and above. A weekly meditation session is part of this program.
- Young Adult Program – This is similar to the adult program, except that it is for patients below 30 years old. It is a psycho-educational program to assist the youth in the emotional and social development.
- Christian-based program – Transformations Rehab Center believes that faith-based approach is the most effective to prevent people from relapsing to their addiction. Church services and practices are incorporated into this program.
- Soundpath Recovery Program – Following the belief that music heals the soul, this program makes use of music as a venue for expression and healing.
They also offer an outpatient program, which is only for former inpatient clients who wish to continue their treatment and help them ease back into their life free from addiction to alcohol. Transformations Center also has a separate facility for detox, which is called the Summit Detox. It is located in Boynton Beach, Florida.
The facility received favorable reviews from Yelp and Google. It received 5 stars out of one review in Yelp, and 41 stars out of 34 reviews.
- Tranquil Shores Tampa
Founded by Chad Johnson who previously struggled with alcoholism, Tranquil Shores in Tamp, Florida makes use of an individualized approach to recovery. They provide unique substance abuse therapy for every patient. Tranquil Shore’s mission is to set the standard for superior care for both men and women battling addiction. Their tagline is “reclaim your life”.
Located in Madeira Beach in Tampa, Florida, Tranquil Shores can house 24-individuals in their luxurious facility. Surrounded by the beach and beautiful views, the facility also provides recreational activities such as basketball, tennis, weightlifting and more.
Tranquil Shores utilizes an Integrative Recovery Model, which means every aspect of a person’s life is looked into and a unique treatment plan is devised by the rehab center. They pride themselves in having a three to one client to counsellor ratio, which means enough attention is given to every patient.
Their alcohol treatment programs are:
- Short-Stay Recovery Services – separating yourself from your daily life is one way to recover from substance abuse. This type of inpatient program helps you get away from you daily stresses in order to identify your issues which can aid in the healing.
- Long-Term Alcohol Rehab – short-term plans are not always effective, as compared to long-term programs. Long-term treatments last from 60 to 90 days. The client can bring his or her personal effects in order to be more comfortable with his or her inpatient stay.
- Executive Rehab – this is an outpatient treatment that was created especially for executives in Florida who are battling alcohol abuse. This program allows the person to continue working as a top official in their company, while undergoing treatment. If it is impossible for the individual to Madeira Beach in Tampa, E-therapy is offered.
- Treatment for Co-Occuring Disorders – some individuals become dependent on alcohol and other substances when they struggle with mental illnesses such as anxiety, bi-polar disorder, PTSD, depression and trauma. This treatment not only helps solve the addiction, it also addresses the underlying causes of the addiction.
Tranquil Shores accepts the following insurances:
- Tufts Health Plan
- UMR United Healthcare
- Magellan Health
- Meritain Health
- Magnacare Self-Insured Health Plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Beacon Health Options
- United Healthcare
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Patients interested in looking into Tranquil Shores can visit their website at tranquilshores.org. The facility can also be contacted by phone at (727) 391-7001 or (844) 452-3980, or by email at email@example.com.
Former patients gave Tranquil Shores 5 stars from one review in Yelp, and 4.6 stars from 22 reviews in Google.
- Beaches Recovery Jacksonville Florida
With the belief that self-discovery and peace of mind is the key to healing, Beaches Recovery in Jacksonville, Florida utilizes activity-based programs. They also believe that having fun while sober will help you battle your addiction. Their facility, located in Jacksonville Beach, Florida, can house up to 90 patients.
The facility’s mission is to guide individuals to overcome alcohol abuse by supporting and reinforcing their physical, mental and spiritual health in a welcoming community.
Beaches Recovery’s therapy services include the following:
- Boat Therapy
- Bowling Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Equine Therapy
- Fitness Therapy
- Mindfulness Training
- Hiking Therapy
These activity-based therapies are also personalized to match the needs of every patient. They also utilize the evidence-based group method, known as SMART Recovery. Self-Management for Addiction Recovery (SMART Recovery) teaches how to rely and empower one’s self to recover from alcohol abuse. Refuge Recovery and Celebrate Recovery are recovery groups that centers on faith and mindfulness. The first one makes use of Buddhist philosophies, while the latter centers on Christian faith.
Beaches Recovery accepts the following insurance policies:
- Beacon Health Options
- Blue Cross, Blue Shield
- United Healthcare
- Magellan Health
- Health Partners
- First Choice Health
- Value Options
Patients interested in Beaches Recovery can contact (866) 274-9281 for admissions or (866) 274-9281 for non-admissions. More information about the rehab facility can be found at their website www.beachesrecovery.com.
The facility received an average of 4.0 stars from 58 reviews in Google, and 3.0 from 2 reviews in Yelp.
- Beachside Rehab
Beachside Rehab Treatment Facility, situated in Hutchinson Island, Florida, is a family-owned rehabilitation center. It is a luxury facility that is located right across the beach, and only a few minutes’ walk to three state parks. They stand by the philosophy that individuals can overcome any kind of addiction irrespective of previous problems.
The rehab center makes use of the 12 step recovery process combined with a holistic approach. The following treatment plans are currently available:
- Alcohol Detox – available in two types: with medication and without medication.
- Long Term Rehab – this is an inpatient program that lasts from 30 to 90 days. This program is combined with holistic treatments that are detailed below.
- Outpatient – this is typically used for those transitioning from detox and complete recovery. It is also an option for those who can’t leave their lives behind because of school, work and other responsibilities.
- Holistic Treatments
- Art Therapy – the creation and discussion of art is utilized instead of the traditional counselling.
- EMDR Therapy – “Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing” or EMDR is a form of psychotherapy that treats trauma.
- Equine Therapy – this therapy involves building a bond with a horse. It has been found that interacting with cats, dogs and horses is therapeutic for those suffering with addiction disorders.
- Faith-Based Rehab – this program is aligned with a person’s beliefs. The teachings of religion is inculcated with the treatment plan to help the individual heal and be sober for a long-term.
- Music Therapy – music can be a form of expression, but needs a certain form of discipline. This discipline and expression combined forms the therapy.
- Psyhodrama Therapy – psychodrama involves theatre as a form of release and therapy.
- SMART Recovery – Self-Management and Recovery Training is an alternative to the usual 12-step process. It is a 4-step treatment plan that does not include religious training but rather highlights self-empowerment
Beachside Treatment Center accepts several insurance companies such as:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Med Mutual of Ohio
- Value Options
They also offer pricing options for those who do not have insurance or whose insurance is not accepted in the facility. Beachside has received an average of 4.2 stars rating from Google reviewers, and 2.5 stars rating from three reviews in Yelp. They can be contacted through their website www.beachsiderehab.com or they can be contacted at (888) 456-7309.
- The Recovery Village
The Recovery Village is a group of rehabilitation centers in the country. The first facility was set-up in Umatilla, Florida in 2013. The company eventually put up three more facilities in Florida, and one each in Ohio, Maryland, Washington and Colorado. In Florida, they have nationwide adult rehab centers located in Umatilla and Orlando, one special rehab center called Next Generation Village in Sebring, and one aftercare facility called Next Step Village located in Maitland. They provide luxurious accommodations with scenic views in these facilities.
The goal of this rehab center is to provide quality services combined with compassionate care. To assist you in leading the life you were meant to live, sans alcohol abuse, is their mission.
Treatment choices for alcoholism are:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – this inpatient therapy relies on the individual’s power to create positive changes in his life will help him get rid of destructive behaviors.
- Dialectal Behavioral Therapy – this is an innovative inpatient therapy that aids people in examining their thoughts and responses. It utilizes the influence of the conscious mind.
- Outpatient services – for those who need to maintain jobs and could not go into inpatient care, patients can go for once to twice a week sessions. This can last for one to three months.
With the exception of Medicare and Medical Assistance, The Recovery Village works with most insurance providers. Insurance companies that The Recovery Village works with and have rehab coverage are the following:
- Blue Cross, Blue Shield
- United Behavioral Health
- United Healthcare
- Health Net
- Mutual of Omaha
- Coventry Health Care
Financing options are made ready for those who don’t have insurance. For admissions and other inquiries, they can be reached through their toll free number (877) 768-6247. For more information about The Recovery Village’s treatment programs and facilities, their website can be visited at www.therecoveryvillage.com.
This rehab center received an average of 2.5 stars from 6 reviews, and 3.6 stars average out of 59 reviews.
- Lakeview Health
Established in 2001, Lakeview Health’s mission is to heal the lives of individuals, their families and their communities by guiding them throughout their journey to recovery. This rehab center has two locations; one in Jacksonville, Florida and one in The Woodlands, Texas.
The programs that they offer are as follows:
- Medically Monitored Drug & Alcohol Detox
- Inpatient Rehab Program – this program comprises of 12-step daily meetings, one-on-one therapy, family sessions over the phone, as well as group sessions.
- Residential Treatment – this program is meant for those who have undergone detox and inpatient programs, and are now transitioning to going back to their normal lives.
- Partial Hospitalization – this program is meant for those who have completed the first three programs above, whether in Lakeview Health or in other rehab centers. This treatment plan balances medical supervision and personal responsibility.
- Intensive Outpatient Program – this treatment plan was created for those who have successfully completed any of the aforementioned programs. Although the patient no longer resides inside the facility, he or she is still expected to be at the center every day and following almost the same routine as Partial Hospitalization or Inpatient program. The major difference is that therapy time is decreased to only half as compared to the previous programs, and personal time is doubled.
Lakeview Health can be contacted through their website at www.lakeviewhealth.com or by phone at (866) 374-0561, which is open 24 hours a day. They accept Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield and Value Options insurances. Contacting them is necessary to verify if your health insurance is accepted. They also allow self-pay.
There are no customer reviews for Lakeview Health from Yelp or Google, but the rehab center received an average of 4.4 stars out of 29 reviews from Rehabs.com.
- Hazelden Bettyford Of Naples Florida
Hazelden Bettyford is a network of rehab centers that has several facilities in the United States. The one in Florida is located in Naples. They utilize a community-based treatment plan, as well as the 12-step philosophies combined with unique personal programs. Their mission is to be a force of healing for the persons struggling with substance and alcohol abuse, as well as their families and the communities they belong to.
Their treatment models are as follows:
- Inpatient Program – evidence-based approach combined with the Twelve Step program is made use in the inpatient treatment. The length of stay is dependent on each individual’s progress.
- Outpatient program – There are 3 types of outpatient services available. These are:
- Day treatment – five to seven days a week, for up to six hours per session
- Intensive Outpatient program – patient can choose between daytime or evening schedule. Meeting is up to four days, three hours per session. The frequency of sessions depends on the progress of the patient.
- Continuing Care groups – this program is a weekly group session. Patients are grouped based on either gender or age.
- Detox program – this is a medically supervised inpatient program. The duration of detox treatment is dependent on the individual’s needs.
- Specialized programs – these programs were created for those with additional needs and might not fit the standard programs. Available specialized programs for alcohol dependents are:
- Treatment for women
- Treatment for teens and young adults
- Treatment for older adults (50 years old and above)
- For healthcare professionals
- For legal professionals
- For first responders
- Sober Living – Sober Living helps an individual who has completed previous programs maintain his sobriety. Patients have a choice of whether to stay in a housing facility, at home or in a halfway house.
Hazelden Bettyford is a non-profit treatment facility. They are an in-network treatment center for most insurance policies. Those who have financial difficulties can still be accepted with the help of their Patient Financial Aid. Insurance policies they accept are:
- America’s Ppo
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Beacon Health Valueoptions
- Blue Cross
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Shield
- Exclusive Care
- First Choice Health
- Group Health Cooperative
- Healthnet Mhn
- Magellan Health
- Mayo Clinic Health Solutions
- New Directions Behavioral Health
- Scripps Health Plan
- Security Health Plan
- Unitedhealthcare / Optum / Ubh
- Unity Health Insurance
- 4 Your Choice
There are no reviews from Yelp for this rehab center, but three customers gave it an average of 3.3 stars rating in Google reviews.
- 12 Keys Rehab in Jensen Beach Florida
12 Keys Rehab, located in Jensen Beach, offers premier accommodations to a maximum of 30 clients at any given time. Food is prepared in-house and is served either in the dining room or al fresco. As opposed to other treatment centers that do not allow cell phones and internet access, 12 Keys Florida Rehab believe that access to such is necessary to recover in a “real” world scenario.
Healing your mind, body and soul go side-by-side; this is what 12 Keys believe in. They utilize a holistic approach to alcohol rehab.
The facility offers their very own 12 Keys Florida Alcohol Rehab Process, which is as follows:
- 30, 60 or 90 days treatment program
- First meeting with the recovery group
- Group & Individual Counseling
- Obtain a Sponsor
- 12 Steps of recovery
- Repair, relax and enjoy life
- Make friends
- Learn & Grow
- Family Counselling
- Aftercare & Support
Treatments available at 12 Keys for alcohol abuse are:
- Alcohol detox
- Alcoholism rehab
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Partial hospitalization programs
- Confidential Executive Rehab
- Long-term rehab (90 days)
12 Keys rehab accepts different types of insurances, but they must be contacted first to verify. Their 24/7 contact number is (888) 615-5169 and their website is www.12keysrehab.com. The facility has received an average of 4.3 stars from 25 customer reviews in Google, and an average of 1 star from two customers in Yelp.
- Orlando Recovery Center
Orlando Recovery Center stands by its tagline: “an advanced approach to approach to patient care”. This facility has its own swimming pool and gym. They also have yoga and meditation classes to encourage balance.
Treatment programs for alcohol issues being offered by Orlando Recovery Center are as follows:
- Detox – the program utilizes a combination of Western and alternative medicine, coupled with talk therapy to help the patient succeed in this program.
- Acute Program – this is an inpatient program that can last as little as a few months to several years, depending on the individual’s improvement.
- Residential program – this treatment plan is being offered for those who have already finished detox or acute programs
- Partial Hospitalization Program – this program offers an option to live at home or at a residential facility.
- Intensive Outpatient Program – although the patient resides outside of the facility, this program requires patients to be at the rehab center every day.
- Outpatient Care – outpatient care is recommended for low to moderate alcohol abuse levels. It is also offered to those who have already undergone inpatient services in the past.
The facility can be contacted through their toll free hotline (877) 920-6357. For more information on this Florida rehab center, you can visit www.orlandorecovery.com. The center accepts insurance policies from the following companies:
- APS Healthcare
- Value Options
- Clark Behavioral Health Financing
- Freedom Consultancy
- Medical Mutual
25 Google reviewers gave Orlando Recovery Center an average of 4.2 stars. There are no customer reviews from Yelp as of late.
- Twelve Oaks Recovery Center – Navarre Florida
Being in the business for 30 years, Twelve Oaks Recovery Center is a well-established and trusted rehab facility. Located in Navarre, Florida, Twelve Oaks incorporates recreational therapy and beach activities into their treatment programs. They utilize the 12-step process by Alcoholics Anonymous.
The programs they offer include:
- Alcohol Detox
- Residential (Inpatient) Program – the average duration of stay is 28 days, but is still dependent on the patient’s response to the treatment. Outpatient program
- Partial Hospitalization Program – the program lasts for 8 weeks, with three regular sessions per week. Meeting occur from Mondays thru Fridays, starting from nine in the morning up to 2:30 in the afternoon.
- Special Programs
- Aspire Program – for those struggling with PTSD in conjunction with alcoholism
- Resilience Program – for those battling chronic pain in addition to alcohol abuse
- Proclaim Program – for those who wish to inculcate their Christian faith into the treatment plan
Twelve Oaks accepts major insurance providers, including but not limited to Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Healthcare, Tricare and Cigna; financial arrangements for self-pay is also available. They can be reached anytime at (877) 875-9283 or through their website at www.twelveoaksrecovery.com.
Customers from Yelp gave this facility an average of 1 star from 5 reviews, while 69 people who wrote reviews in Google gave it an average of 4 stars.
- Ocean Breeze Recovery
With the mission of healing the mind, body and spirit altogether – one individual at a time. They provide stability and support, centered on solution based thinking. Their luxury rehab center is located in Pompano Beach, Florida, a mere walking distance from the beach.
Alcohol treatment programs being offered are as follows:
- Christian Alcohol Rehab – combines Christian teachings and traditional therapy.
- Inpatient Alcohol Rehab – patients will undergo an intense and structured treatment plan that is tailored for the individual’s needs. Alcohol detox is included in this treatment plan, and not offered separately.
- Long-Term Alcohol Rehab – the focus of this program is to provide a thorough treatment plan that surpasses the typical 28 or 30 days in rehab. The length of stay is dependent on the severity of alcoholism.
- Outpatient Alcohol Rehab – this program is meant for those who have completed inpatient programs or whose level of alcohol abuse is determined to be low.
Major insurance companies are accepted, but the treatment center would ask you to verify with them first if your insurance policy covers the program you want to enrol in. People who are having financial troubles but would like to undergo treatment can submit a loan inquiry with American Healthcare Lending.
Ocean Breeze Recovery received an average of 5 stars from 6 reviewers from Yelp, and 3.9 stars from 38 reviewers in Google. Their website is www.oceanbreezerecovery.org and their contact number for inquiries and admission is (855) 960-5341.
- Detox of South Florida
Detox of South Florida, as its name implies, focuses primarily on detox. They believe that starting recovery in a clean slate is the best way to properly achieve sobriety. Detox of South Florida has five locations:
- Okeechobee Detox and Rehab
- West Palm Beach Detox and Rehab
- Fort Lauderdale Detox and Rehab
- Miami Detox and Rehab
- Orlando Detox and Rehab
The treatments they offer particularly for alcohol abuse are:
- Alcohol Detox – available in 30, 60 and 90-day duration, depending on the intensity of alcohol addiction.
- Alcohol Rehab – with the goal of coping, adapting and thriving in the real world, this program prepares the individual to work through his alcohol issues with the help of the 12 step process. Similar to the detox treatment, the duration of the rehab treatments are 30, 60 and 90 days.
For more information about their services and admission, they can be contacted through their website: www.detoxofsouthflorida.com or their phone number (863) 623-4923. They accept different types of insurance, but patients must first verify their policies with the facility. To give back to society, they also offer scholarship grants for those who want to pursue higher education. The scholarship is offered once a year for a value of $1,500.
Detox of South Florida received 3.0 stars from two reviews in Yelp, and 4.8 stars average from 80 reviews in Google.
- Empower Clearwater
Located in Clearwater, Florida, Empower is a luxury rehab center that only accommodates 10 inpatient clients at a time. Maintaining a small number of inpatient clients helps the facility focus more on their patients. They do not follow the traditional 12-step process, which they received a Registered Trademark for. Each patient is provided a private room and will have access to creature comforts in a Zen-inspired environment, even cell phones and internet. Their rehab center also includes a sauna, gym and Jacuzzi.
Their treatment plan is a combination of Perception Therapy and Mind-Body-Spirit Environment, which the facility have devise on their own based on their research. This program is a twelve-week inpatient program, which incorporates meditation, yoga, art therapy and physical fitness into their healing plans. One-on-one sessions with therapists are included.
They believe that their treatment plan is so effective that they offer a written recovery guarantee. This guarantee states that if the patient relapses within a year, he or she can return to the facility and go through the program without any out-of-pocket cost.
Empower is an out-of-network provider and does not accept Medicaid or TriCare. Their website is at www.empowerclearwater.com and their phone number for admissions and inquiries is (888) 834-2451. The facility received an average of 1 star out of 4 reviewers in Yelp, and an average of 3.9 stars out of 11 Google reviews.
- WhiteSands Treatment
WhiteSands Treatment has two facilities in Florida; one located in Fort Myers and another located in Tampa. They believe that there is no one-size-fits-all process to healing from alcohol and drug abuse, which is why they offer highly personalized treatments. They also specialize in dual-diagnosis treatments. Their mission is to be the leader in consistent quality patient care.
WhiteSands Treatment centers have the following programs for alcohol abuse:
- Medical Detox – this is an inpatient program that guides the patient to removing all signs of toxins from alcohol gradually. This is a medically monitored program.
- Inpatient Rehab – this program is applied to those who have undergone medical detox. The length of stay depends on the outcome of the evaluation of the therapists.
- Residential Rehab – the program lasts from 30 to 60 days. The treatment plan consists of therapy, working to improve relationships, listening to educational talks and boosting physical health.
- Partial Hospitalization – this program is for those categorized as stable but needs additional monitoring. It includes sessions of up to six hours a day, three to five days a week.
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment – this program requires the patient to visit the treatment facility three times a week, which includes Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
- Family Therapy – this program has been created with the belief that the family members of those suffering from alcoholism needs therapy too. This plan is for the family as a whole.
- Sober Living Programs – this program is used to achieve long-term and lifetime sobriety.
WhiteSands is an out-of-network treatment facility. They do not accept Medicaid or Medicare, but they accept the following:
- American Family Insurance
- American National Insurance Company
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
- Celtic Insurance Company
- Centene Corporation
- Coventry Health Care
- Golden Rule Insurance Company
- Group Health Coorperative
- Health Net
- Independence Blue Cross
- Kaiser Permanente
- LifeWise Health Plan of Oregon
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
- Metropolitan Group
- Molina Healthcare
- Optima Health
- Premera Blue Cross
- Principal Financial Group
- The Regence Group
- Shelter Insurance
- Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
- UnitedHealth Group
- Universal American Corporation
- WellCare Health Plans
Individuals seeking treatment can call WhiteSands at (877) 959-2623 and can visit their website at www.whitesandstreatment.com. The facility has received an average of 4.4 stars from 70 Google reviews, and none from Yelp.
- Archstone Recovery Center of the Palm Beaches
Located in Lantana, Florida, Archstone Recovery Center’s goal is to empower their clients to achieve long-term healing. They combine this with peaceful and awe-inspiring views of Palm Beaches. The following treatments are being offered in the facility:
- Medical Detox – this is an inpatient program that helps the patient become stable while getting rid of the toxins in the body.
- Inpatient Rehab – this is an overall therapy that requires the patient to stay in the facility. Care is provided 24 hours a day, with nutritious meals served and activities combined with therapy.
- Outpatient Rehab – the program requires daily attendance to either an evening or daytime program.
- Partial Hospitalization – this program is similar to inpatient rehab, except that the patient resides at their own home.
- Extended Care – those who need to return to work or school are given this treatment plan. The client can opt to stay at home or at the facility, and attend therapy sessions that is scheduled so as to allow him/her to work or go to school without problems.
Archstone Recovery Center accepts major insurance companies such as:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- United Healthcare
- Value Options
For admissions and other inquiries, their contact numbers are (888) 608-0011 (toll free) or (561) 588-8323 (local). Their website is at www.archstonerecovery.com . Five Google reviewers gave the center an average of 4.2 stars.
These top performing rehabilitation facilities can help those suffering from alcohol addiction disease. They have thorough programs and communities that guide the patient to achieving lifetime sobriety. Whatever your choice may be, you are already on the right direction by accepting that there is a problem and seeking help. Alcoholism is a disease that can be cured with the help of professional and knowledgeable treatment centers.